Everyone in the education service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn in education settings; and
- Identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting’
- ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education’ DfES 2007
- Moulton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its pupils and is the responsibility of all school staff, governors and volunteers. Moulton Primary School will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that staff are able to identify welfare concerns and take appropriate action to address their concerns.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Include opportunities in PHSE curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- Recognise that each pupil’s welfare is of paramount importance and that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse e.g. those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances e.g. those who witness violence.
- We recognise that children who are abused or neglected may find it difficult to develop a sense of self-worth and to view the world in a positive way. Whilst at school, their behaviour may be challenging. We recognise that some children who have experienced abuse may harm others. We will always take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support all of our pupils.
For more Information see the left hand sidebar.